|Welcome to our restored
St. Paul’s Anglican Church Rectory in the beautiful seaside village
of Port Morien, Cape Breton Island. Our home was built in 1885 by
the parishioners of the village during the time when Port Morien
was an active fishing and coal mining community of 3,000 persons.
The rectory was the home of
numerous rectors and their families until the end of 2004.
The Port Morien Rectory B&B displays some
characteristics of the Italianate style of architecture popular in
the second half of the 19th Century. It is a large
squarish high-pitched roof, two-story building, with a shallow
projecting centre bay and gable roof encompassing the two
The restoration process
2005-2006 returned the building to its late Victorian roots and
glamour. The inside was returned to its original plaster walls and
hemlock plank flooring. Wall coloration was selected to mimic era
colours. Two new bathrooms were created for guest use.
Our Four Star B&B was
awarded Cape Breton Regional Municipality Heritage Home status in